Market Data & Technology Training
4th, 7th, 8th November, 2013
Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
Day 2 - Market Products & Vendors, Data Cost Optimisation, Vendor and Market Data Management (FISD/FIA exam prep day)
** Each day is separately bookable and there are discounts available for booking multiple days - See our book now page for more information**
Despite ongoing challenging business conditions, banks and financial institutions continue to implement higher performing market and reference data systems. Some organisations are focusing on improved market access and others are looking for overall price/performance value.
Led by industry expert John Best, course attendees will gain key understandings of, amongst other things, the technical and administrative aspects of the market data arena.
Besides, this course will be the first generally available, syllabus based, public training for the updated syllabus for the FISD Financial Information Associate Global Professional Certification.
Days one and two cover the updated syllabus of the FISD/FIA exam, ensuring that those wishing to take it are fully prepared. Day three provides an overview of the key components behind High Frequency Trading and "BIG Data" storage and interrogation.
Learning outcomes of this course includes:
- Prepare for the FISD/FIA examination
- Identify the role of market data in the wider financial markets
- Become familiar with the terms and terminology of the trading arena
- Understand the origins and components of market data
- Strengthen your vendor knowledge to better understand end user requirements
- Have exposure to the technology used by the finance industry
- Gain an oversight of the industry issues and challenges associated with market data
- Discover the key components behind High Frequency Trading and "BIG Data" storage and interrogation